Mikes Mess Old Time Radio marathon presents - Tales From The Diamond K marathon

  • From: "Michael Gorman" <mpgorman2@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <mikesmess2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <internet-radio@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <cheryljackmorgan1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2014 17:39:07 -0700

Hi all

Well it is time for another Old Time Radio Marathon.  I noticed you all
loved the baseball games marathon, and I enjoyed bringing it to you.  I
expected it to It play all games until Monday or Tuesday, boy was I wrong.
I had to shut it off Thursday afternoon and there were some that have not
been played yet.  This weekend will not be as extensive as the baseball one,
but hopefully you will  enjoy it just the same.  I found a rare one and no
nothing about it. It is a show called Tales From The Diamond.  I found it on
the old time radio researchers page in archive.org.  Here is the info on it.

TALES OF THE DIAMOND K

There is not much information available about Tales of the Diamond K,
despite extensive research done both on the internet and in the newspaper
logs.

It was a 15 minute syndicated show aimed at a juvenile audience and appeared
to have been aired on a daily basis, during the mid 50's.

Some sources indicate that as many as a thousand shows were produced, but
there are only 39 known to be in existence. The series starred Ken Maynard
as the host who introduced and told a different story each day. Most of the
stories took place in the Old West.

This will start tonight (Friday the 24th of October.) and run until Monday
the 27th of October.  It starts tonight at 7:00PM PDT and runs until Monday
7:00PM PDT (That's tonight 10:00PM to Monday 10:00PM EDT.)  You can hear it
by going to http://www.mikesmess.com/theater.html and click the Listen live
link and the player that fits your needs.  If you wish to write me drop me
an email at theater@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:theater@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> .  So join
me this weekend for a different kind of old time radio show and enjoy.

Bye for now