Mikes Mess Old Time Radio Marathon - this weekend - Magic Island

  • From: "Michael Gorman" <mikesmess@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <mikesmess2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <internet-radio@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <cheryljackmorgan1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2015 15:36:09 -0800

Hi all

This week we will be playing a radio show from the 30s called Magic Island.
Here is the info on it curtisy of the Old Time Radio Researchers Group.

MAGIC ISLAND

Magic Island was a syndicated serial that first aired sometime in 1936 and
consisted of one hundred thirty 12-minute episodes. The storyline dealt with
a wealthy woman and her search for her long lost daughter. She finds her on
a man-made island that can submerge to avoid detection. The series was
targeted for a juvenile audience and small children are the main focus of
the story line.

This show will start tonight (Friday Jan. 30th) at 7:00PM PST and run until
the last chapter plays (not sure when that will be.)   I will run it at
least 2 times so anyone can hear the whole series.  To hear this marathon go
to http://www.mikesmess.com/theater.html and pick the listen live link for
the player that fits your needs.  If you are interested in getting a copy of
this for your own collect or want to write me about it or anything else you
wish to write me.  Drop me an email at theater@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:theater@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> .  I will get back to you and tell  you how
you can get this for your own collection to hear all the way through.  So
enjoy this weekend's special and enjoy.  Remember my Mikes Mess Old Time
Radio Theater show returns starting Tuesday the 3rd of Feb. at 7:00PM PST
and runs on or after 10:00PM PST.  If you have a show you want me to play
drop me an email at theater@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:theater@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> .
There will be a replay of the Tuesday show shortly after the end, so you can
hear it live or later on replay, so give me a show you want to hear and I
will gladly play if if I have it.  So enjoy the marathon and have a great
weekend.

Bye for now