RE: Judges Reject Appeals From Webcasters

  • From: "Aman Singer" <aman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 16:48:23 -0400

Hi, Ron.
        Actually, this means the effective end of independent American
music-based Internet Radio. While the day may come when this American
precedent may be followed in other countries, that day is not yet here, and
whether/when it will come is an interesting question. Again, the history of
copyright issues in other countries does not seem to indicate that this will
be followed, at least not soon and not with the same  kind of enforcement.
While I agree this is a very bad event for the internet radio industry in
the United States, and that it is against the interests of everyone except
perhaps the short-term interests of the record companies, I think calling it
the end of internet radio is rather strong.
        Aman