How To Get Winamp To Show Up In Windows XP In List Of Choices For Prompting

  • From: "Ron Canazzi" <aa2vm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Winamp For The Blind" <winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2006 00:44:11 -0400

Hi  List,

I am wondering if there is a way to get Winamp to show up in the list of
choices that comes up when you have the 'prompt me for action' choice selected
under your CD drive in XP.  When I place a CD full of MP3's in my system, I get
the prompt which includes use Real Player, Use Windows Media Player, Open
folder to view files using Windows Explorer and Take No Action.  Is there a way
to configure Winamp or XP so that it will also show up in the list of prompts
and then you would be able to choose the 'select this action every time this
type of disc is inserted' check box.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
The Scourge Of Authoritarianism Is Intellectualism