Re: Fw: winamp managing an external drive...

  • From: Jack Conti <jackconti@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 16:20:12 -0400

Bot thanks a bunch this sure cured it smile.
all the best.
Jack.
At 10:15 AM 7/10/2007, you wrote:
Actually this is really easy to fix. I can't be overly specific because I already uninstalled these plugins. In your Winamp preferences, under the plugins section, there should be a section for media library plugins. there is a specific plugin for external drives. If you arrow down to that plugin, then tab over to the uninstall plugin button and press the spacebar on it, winamp will uninstall that plugin and your problem goes away. the other thing that you might be able to do if you don't want to uninstall the plugin is to click on the configure button for the plugin and see if it will let you remove your external drive from its configuration. If there isn't a specific media library entry in the plugins section of the winamp preferences, then you should find it under the general plugins section. Media library plugins will be prefaced by the letters ML.

I'm sorry that I can't be more specific, but I already killed all of those plugins and don't remember exactly where they were to start with.
--Bob
At 06:39 AM 7/10/2007, you wrote:
Hi folks

This message I'm forwarding was sent to the list but never made it. I've made it a policy not to answer questions off list unless they're about the list itself, like if you're having a problem or something. So here's the message, let's see if we can help here. Just a note, I also got the same dialogue box asking me if I wanted Winamp to manage my mp3 player, but I said no.

Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 07:38:32 -0400

Subject: winamp managing an external drive...
To: Chris Skarstad <toonhead@xxxxxxxxxx>

I am running winamp 535 and a couple days ago it asked if I wanted it to manage my external 300gb drive? I siad yes and kind of regret it.

now when ever I paly my music which is stored on that drive it seems to be scanning to entire drive before each time it plays.

  Long and sort is winamp takes about 20 seconds to play every mp3 grin>

Short of uninstalling and re/installing may there be a answer for this query?
Be well Jack...

http://www.eset.com