[win2kforum] Re: [win2000forum] DNS Entries

  • From: "Christoph Puetz" <cpuetz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <win2kforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 07:49:37 -0700

Hope this works with the new email address for this list.

Make sure in the DNS settings on your DNS Server that you put the external
DNS IPs into the forwarder section. That way if a name cannot be resolved
the request is being forwarded to the external DNS servers. If you do not
run your own DNS server set one up (good for learning and testing anyway)
and use your ISP DNS servers in the forwarder section.