[win2kforum] tweaking for speed in a network (MTU,TTL,TCP Receive Windows, etc)

  • From: "Oded" <oded.neumann@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <win2kforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 14:52:59 +0100

Hi

It's not so, that I didn't already try to tweak my system. In fact I was
obliged to apply DrTCP, otherwise I wouldn't be able to see in the internet
explorer some sites.
The reason why I ask is simply to know if other people in this list use a
different way of finding out what size to use for all the parameters, which
can be applied in DrTCP (or in another application).
In my network I've got a server which is connected to DSL and to a HUB. All
the other PCs are connected to the HUB.
My server is not tweaked at all (and I don't know if this is necessary). The
other PCs were tweaked with DrTCP.
For some reasons, my PC reacts as if it became "tired" (some times it takes
quite a time (up to 5 sec.) until the first the picture of www.google.com
<http://www.google.com/>  is fully shown on the screen).

Is there maybe another way of finding out the different sizes of MTU, TTL,
TCP Receive Windows, etc.?  A way which is really "strait forward" and easy.

I'd appreciate any answer which will bring me closer to my goal.
Many thanks in advance
Oded