[win2kforum] Re: problem

  • From: "Mauro Dionisi" <mhdion@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: win2kforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 10:21:36 -0300

&gt;-----Original Message-----
&gt;From: madhu [mailto:madhuj4@xxxxxxxxxxx]
&gt;Sent: Monday, April 05, 2004 4:47 AM
&gt;To: win2kforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
&gt;Subject: [win2kforum] problem
&gt;
&gt;
&gt;Hello everyone,
&gt;i am facing a problem in a Linux m/c
&gt;its a Linux 8.0 machine I want to access a network drive
&gt;which a windows 2000 server I don't know how to do it
&gt;any one can help
&gt;

Linux 8.0??? Wich Distribution? RedHat? SuSE? Mandrake? Debian?
Each one of these has different applications. but... there is an app that
runs on every Linux/Unix
search for "LinNeighborhood". On these app, you can specify
DOMAIN/WORKGROUP, User, Password, etc.
Remember... If you just want to access anohter win machine, you DO NOT NEED
Samba. Samba is the "Server" for SMB. You just need Samba Client, which
cames by default on most distributions.

1) Id your Distribution.
2) Get LinNeighborhood for your Distribution.
3) Run LinNeighborhood, config this with your DOMAIN/WORKGROUP, User and
Password.
4) Enjoy!!!!

Rememer, the User must exist on Win2k Machine, and must have privileges to
access the shared resource you are trying to read.

Good Luck!!!

Mauro Dionisi
Mendoza - Argentina