[win2kforum] Re: Windows Messaging in win2k

  • From: FMC <francis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: win2kforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2001 09:15:42 +0800

I was using Windows Messaging before on my LAN. Win98 Workstations and Win
NT 4.0 Server.

I was very happy with it. Using outlook as my mail program. It could send to
all users just like "internet e-mail". I am planning to upgrade to Windows
ME and Win 2K Advanced Server but upon extensive research, found that
Microsoft removed Windows Messaging from Win 2K Advanced Server. You could
still download Windows Messaging as a separate install for Win 98 though.

In Win NT 4.0 before, NT could administer the postoffice in the control
panel. Now with Win 2K, it is nowhere to be found.

Any ideas what mail server porgram can be used for "intranet"? Unless it's
hidden somewhere in Win2K.

Thanks!

Francis