[win2kforum] Re: More Memory

  • From: "Chris Krug" <turbochris@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <win2kforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 May 2001 11:06:24 -0400

hit ctrl alt del and use task manager to see how much memory you are using.
Now start opening windows or start some programs and see what uses more
memory. When you get above 128MB the new memory is working instead of the
swap file on the hard drive. Going from 64 to 128 is very noticeable, but
going above 128 usually is not.
another key to speeding up the system is getting rid of programs that don't
need to be running. What do you see down by the time in the taskbar? Real
Player is the #1 offender. I have only the volume control in mine.