[win2kforum] HTTP Compression?

  • From: "Lotas T Smartman" <postmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <win2kforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 14:09:29 +0100

I heard its posible to add a module into apache under linux and various other
operating systems that compresses the HTML code and loads of other code, with a
GZip compression thing. Is there anything available for Win2k/iis5? I dont
realy want apache as i was told its not as secure on Win2k as it is on linux.
Even as an ASP script, it would be great. Im on a 56k line, and it would help
is the saving of bandwith! Thanks
Lotas T Smartman