[win2kforum] HI EVERYONE!

  • From: "Chris Krug" <turbochris@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Win 2K list" <win2kforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2001 14:02:27 -0400

I had my computer dual booted with Win 98 and Win 2K. I mostly used Win 98,
had most of my apps loaded there, and played with Win 2K once in a while to
get familiar with it. I set up a RAID array and had to do a clean install,
now Win 98 is just there for a backup and Win 2K is what I use, I'm really
happy with the increased stability. My fear of Win 2K being incompatible
with games was unfounded.

I managed to find my way around Win 2K just by playing with it, but there
are two things I can't find. One is a way to shut off Auto Insert
Notification so CD's don't start by themselves, and the other is a way to
get into the configuration, like msconfig in Win 98, I have a few little
programs I'd like to shut down. Any idea's?

Thanks

Chris Krug