[whpva] NEW WORLD RECORD report received

  • From: Edgar Teufel <edgar.teufel@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: whpva@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Green, Nick (IHC Engineering Business)" <N.Green@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Toni Cornelissen <tcornelissen@xxxxxxxxx>, toni <toni@xxxxxx>, "Lunde, Tillmann" <Tillmann.Lunde@xxxxxxxxx>, Thomas Wolf <thomas.wolf@xxxxxxxxxx>, Petra.mueller2@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2015 00:27:38 +0200

Dear members of the WHPVA board,

Much to my pleasure I can notify you that we have received a new record attempt report. Petra von Fintel, according to a report sent in by Thomas Wolf, claims to have achieved two new world records on July 12th 2015 at Klettwitz, Germany, by covering 1000km within 23:41:19 h and 1011.94km within 24h. All material sent in can be accessed following this link:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/75618942/WHPVA/RecordReports/2015-07-11%20Petra%20von%20Fintel.zip

I have checked the report and found it to comply with our minimum requirements. Please have a look at the report. If you as the highest authority of the WHPVA want to reject the report and not accept the achievement as new world record, all you have to do is respond to this email within 15 working days and explain the reasons for your decision. Please remember that these will be published along with the report. Thank you!

I hereby invite the members of the record committee to review the report and return their findings within ten working days from now to me. Thank you.

Please note that currently we do not list a record for 1000km standing start, single rider, women. So accepting this would mean to introduce a new record category indirectly. If you are in doubt, please don't hesitate to veto against this report and start a discussion on the board. However I want to stress that we do list the equivalent category for men. I therefore recommend to accept this new category without further discussion.

The report (like the other ones from this year's Klettwitz event) includes a document that certifies the track length of the circuit. This document is classified strictly confidential by HPV Germany. So please do not make it accessible to the public. Only members of the WHPVA board and record committee officials may read it. Thanks for your understanding and compliance.

Kind regards,

Edgar Teufel