[whitmanpta] Weekly update May 29 - June 3

  • From: "Celeste Ozaki" <cbobryk-pta@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <whitmanpta@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 May 2011 21:14:21 -0700

A Message from the President of Whitman PTA

Good Evening Whitman Families and Friends:

I hope you all had an enjoyable Memorial Holiday. Let's not forget that this
day we honor those that have served and are currently serving in the United
States Military.  Both my Grandfathers, an Uncle, and my husband, Terrence,
have served in Marines, Airforce, and Navy between them. I am grateful to
all the men and women who have served and for the many that have given their
lives in the pursuit of Liberty and Justice to all. I spent my day tacking
and adjusting costumes for upcoming recitals. As I sat stabbing my fingers,
I had the time to reflect that I am in a country where I have freedoms that
still many citizens of other countries do not. So give thanks, or even a
moment of silence, and honor those you know or don't know as without these
men and women, we can enjoy our rights and liberties.

Thank you,

Mrs. Celeste L Bobryk-Ozaki

Now onto the regular business at hand:

The following events/activities are happening around Whitman Elementary:

Open Board Position - Secretary

Due to extenuating circumstances, the person who was elected as Secretary
had to resign.  There is an immediate need to have this position filled.
This does not require another election.   The President of the PTA can
appoint a person to fill the position and the PTA board needs to ratify the
appointed position.  The next PTA board meeting in on June 28.  The duties
of the Secretary are as follows:

SECRETARY:  Records and publishes, includes posting online, minutes of
meetings, PTA calendar and other PTA proceedings.  Prepares PTA
correspondence and maintains PTA Roster and PTA Calendar of events and
working with the Web Developer for posting such on the PTA website.

If you are interested or have questions, please contact us at (858) 863-6626
or email whitmanpta@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  Please respond by Sunday, June 26.

Budget Committee

Please consider joining the budget committee as well.  The members of this
committee have the important job of putting together recommendations that
the PTA Board will then use to establish a proposed budget which is then to
be approved by the PTA members at the Association Meeting in September 2011.
The members can be any paid PTA member of Whitman PTA, this is NOT solely
for the Board members.  It is important that Parents, Teachers, and the
Whitman Elementary Administration all take part in this process as you all
have valuable input that can help create a budget that can help enhance the
education experience for the students of Whitman Elementary.  If you are
interested, please send an email to wilmapm@xxxxxxxxxx  Since Whitman will
have summer school this year, the budget committee plans on meeting at least
once at Whitman in July.

Order your Yearbook!!! - Prices for June is $20 - Cash Only.  The order form
is also available online at the Whitman PTA website.

The end of the year is fast approaching:

June 7th

6th Grade Softball Game

Souplantation Dine-Out - Last Fundraiser for the year!

June 7th 5 pm - 8 pm

Attached is the flyer and it'll be sent home as well closer to the date

June 9th

Kindergarten Promotion

June 10

End of the Year Awards

June 10

6th Grade Yearbook Signing Party & Dance

June 13

6th Grade Promotion

Last Day of School!!!!  Wow that's just nuts!

Encourage others to Join the PTA!

Know anyone that wants to be more involved with Whitman?  Encourage them to
be members of the PTA, we can accept membership through June 30.  Go to
www.whitmanpta.com and download the membership forms.

Thank you and have a fabulous week!

Whitman PTA

 <mailto:Whitmanpta@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Whitmanpta@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

 <http://www.whitmanpta.com> www.whitmanpta.com

(858) 863-6626

PS If there are any events/activities you would like to be included in the
weekly update, drop us a line!