[whitmanpta] Title I citizens meeting Saturday afternoon, May 14 at Ballard Center

  • From: <cbobryk-pta@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: whitmanpta@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 May 2011 15:03:22 -0400

The message is from Trustee John Evans that was sent to Principals to send to
Parents as well.

Dear Cluster Leaders and Area Superintendents,

At the last board meeting the staff reported that they are collecting
information on Title I for an action item at the first board meeting in July
(after the June 30 budget, since this is about future years, not next year).

Please get out the word about a citizens meeting that will discuss use of Title
I funds across the district.  The purpose of the group is to find out how the
money is being spent and what is the most effective way to spend it.  The group
will not come up with a recommendation specific to the percentage threshold
(40% vs. 75%, etc.).

Tiger Teams are citizen volunteers who look at data of different programs
offered by the school district.  They would like to have representatives from
high poverty schools (75% and up) and medium poverty schools (40%-75%).

Where: Ballard Parent Center, Old Town (see address on website)
When: Saturday, May 14, 2011
Time: 1:00-3:00 p.m.

Thanks for getting the word out to everyone in your clusters, so that our
schools are represented.

John Lee Evans
SD Unified Trustee, District A