[whitmanpta] Robotics Assembly

  • From: "Whitman PTA" <whitmanpta@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <whitmanpta@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 08:54:01 -0800

Dear Whitman Families and Friends,

Whitman PTA has been proud to sponsor Family Science Week at Whitman and
today is the last day.  Madison High School Robotics Club will be visiting
Whitman to do an assembly revolving their Robotics.  There will be two
assemblies, the first is for the lower grades, K-3, from 2:30 pm - 3:00 pm,
the second will be for upper grades, 4 - 6, from 3:00 pm - 3:30 pm.  You are
invited to attend either of these assemblies, please sign in at the front
office.

Be sure to take time to discuss with your student about what he/she has
learned this week.  The series of science related events were made possible
by Whitman PTA winning a National PTA grant for Take Your Families to School
Week.  We hoped you had the opportunity to enjoy some of the activities and
that the students have learned what the world of Science has to offer.

I would like to take the time to say many many special thanks to the
volunteers to help make these events possible and most especially to Mrs.
Angela Cohen for she really helped me from co-authoring the grant, planning,
and coordination efforts.  So if you see Mrs. Cohen, be sure to say thank
you and *hugs*.

Don't forget, there is a four-day holiday weekend, there is no school in
observance of Lincoln's Birthday and President's Day on Friday, February 17
and Monday February 20.

Have a fabulous remainder of the week and weekend!

Sincerely,

Celeste L. Bobryk-Ozaki

President

Whitman PTA