[wedge] wedge URL

  • From: Kernow Craig <kernow@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wedge@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wedge@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 05 Jun 2002 15:20:36 +1000

We need to refine a list of domain names that we can take to the meeting on
Thurs.

you can use the following URL to see if the domain name is taken:
http://whois.melbourneit.com.au/

Here's a few to start:

www.uws-wedge.com

wedge.uws.edu.au

www.wedgejournal.com

www.writingontheedge.com

www.creativeyoungfree.com (this style of domain name would change for each
issue, it would be an accompanying by-line that sums up the topic for each
issue. This could be in addition to a more straight forward domain name like
www.wedgejournal.com which would redirect to the new URL for the current
issue)

www.wedge-creativewriting.com.au

< start tangent - - -

I kind of like the detailed option above. It's a tangent, but indulge me for
a moment. It would work like this:

Straight forward URL:
The wedge URL is www.wedge-creativewriting.com (or some other straight
forward domain name).

in addition there are also domain names for each issue...

Creative writing URL:
Each Wedge issue has a new domain name that describes the flavour of that
issue, i.e. www.creativeyoungfree.com

How this works...
When people go to www.wedge-creativewriting.com or a previous issues URL it
automatically redirects them to the latest issues 'creative wrting' domain
name.

The costs of this would be slightly higher than having just one URL, but
still next to nothing in comparison to printing costs of a traditional
publication (also with the potential for a much much larger audience, the
world).

- - - end tangent >