[website-critique] Mailwasher

  • From: "DesignWorks" <tchapman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <takeatip-leaveatip@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,<websitecritique@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2002 00:41:48 -0600

Has anyone tried this program?  I like the idea of bouncing mail back under the
features benefits...

Here is the information on it.. you can read it on the web in HTML form too at
http://www.mailwasher.net

Tee

----------------------

From: About.com

MailWasher for Windows
Are you tired of all that spam you receive every day? Get a powerful, elegant
and effective solution. Email Guide Heinz Tschabitscher reviews MailWasher.

>From the actual site
http://www.mailwasher.net/

 Finally the easy solution to managing your incoming emails has arrived. And
it's free!
Introducing MailWasher, the easiest way to check and manage your emails before
you download them.
MailWasher is a powerful email checker with effective spam elimination.
Discover the safe way to stop unwanted viruses and emails before they get to
your computer.
No gimmicks here, it is so easy to set up and use that you'll be managing your
email like a pro in seconds. It can even be used as an effective privacy tool.
I think you will find this to be the easiest, most effective way to manage your
incoming emails. You will be amazed at how quickly you will like using
MailWasher.
Best regards
Nick Bolton - MailWasher.net

Finding it hard to be removed from mailing lists? Getting harassed by someone
on your email? Tired of getting junk email from unknown sources? Why not make
them think you no longer exist by bouncing back their email so it looks like
your address has been closed down.
Are you tired of getting forwarded emails with large attachments that take ages
to download? Are you scared of getting an email virus? Why not delete the email
directly off the server so you don't have to download it.
Download MailWasher now!
and then:
Learn how to start using MailWasher!

  Features and benefits
Bounce back unwanted emails so it looks as if your email address is not valid.
This will make the sender think your address is no longer active so your name
can be removed from their list. This unique feature is great for privacy and it
couldn't be simpler!
Delete unwanted emails before you download them. You'll be able to see who the
email is from, the subject, and the attachment. This will enable you to decide
if you want to delete the email or keep it. A great way to stop viruses or
large attachments.
Status. MailWasher analyses each email as it arrives and warns you if it is
suspected junkmail or a virus by heuristic checking and filtering. The standard
status categories are - Normal, Virus, Possibly virus, Possibly spam, Probably
spam, Chain letter, Blacklisted, MAPS RBL.
Blacklist. Any emails you bounce back get their senders details put on the
blacklist for easy removal if they come back. You can even set it to
immediately bounce and delete blacklisted emails off the server.
Preview. You can preview the message in your email to see what the sender has
to say before downloading it. Just double click on the message.
Filtering. Effective filtering to automatically spot spam, plus it uses a
customisable list of blacklisted e-mail senders and/or regular expressions to
filter out potential spammer addresses and messages.
It's free. That's right, you can keep on using this program and it won't
expire. You are offered the chance to register MailWasher and pay a price you
think it is worth. Think of this payment as a tip - so please contribute
something. This payment will help with the continued development of MailWasher
and allow me to make a living. This payment can be as low as $3 or as high as
you wish. If you find MailWasher useful and continue to use it, please
register. As an incentive, our own advert on the software will be removed, you
will receive a guide to getting rid of spam and getting the most out of
MailWasher, free upgrades for life, and support (if you spend at least $20).
Unlimited email accounts. You can have as many email accounts as you want to
check. It does not support web based accounts such as Hotmail and Yahoo at this
time.
Email overlay. New messages will come in and will reside in the screen until
processed.
Fast download of message headers, we have clocked speeds of 25 email message
headers per second.
Simplicity. No flashy gimmicks, so easy to use that you won't feel like you
have to learn a whole new program. In fact it has the familiar look and feel of
Outlook Express.
Tell others. This feature allows you to tell others about MailWasher. It sends
a short message to friends you nominate to tell them about MailWasher, its
features and where they can download it.
Other features: Check mail at different intervals. Don't check mail at certain
times. Play a sound when an email arrives, or be notified visually. Email log.
Comprehensive help documentation on this site.
This program is so simple to use, just leave it going and process your mail
when you want to.

  Let's see what our users have to say:
"This is the best email checker I have used, it is so simple and effective that
I have decided to buy it." David F, Australia.
"The ability to be anonymous is great, I have been using it for some time now
and I do not get unwanted email anymore." Helen D, US
"This is so simple, not like other email checkers where you have to learn lots
of complicated icons and other stuff. I was using this straight away." David R,
England.
"You have done a great job with all the features but made it very simple to
use." Joy H, USA.
"This is the kind of thing we were looking for in our office to combat spam and
viruses, now everyone uses it because it's so simple and it works." Graham,
Canada.
"Our company uses your software now because it is so effective, thanks for the
helpful support too." Frank J, Scotland.
You can download MailWasher from this site (Approx. 1.4 mb in size).

So download MailWasher now and reap the benefits of being in control of your
emails and privacy.
MailWasher will never expire, but there are great incentives to register the
program which can be done via the software. Otherwise, use MailWasher for free.

  If you register MailWasher:
Our advertising on the software will be removed.
You will receive a free guide on other ways to eliminate unsolicited emails and
getting the most out of MailWasher.
You will be given an email address for support if you spend at least $20.
You get free upgrades for life.
So why not register MailWasher today and get your free guide to spam
elimination. It's easy, you will be sent a link to your free guide when you
press the register button.
Privacy information: There is no spy-ware contained in this program, we do not
monitor your actions or email. When you register this program, we will not give
your email address or personal details to anyone.
Runs on Win95 / 98 / Me / NT4 / 2000 / XP / XP Pro

MailWasher
P.O. Box 4620, Christchurch 8015, New Zealand
Phone +64 21 622 070
The email address for feedback is feedback@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx and can also be found
in the software under help-about. An email address for support will be supplied
if you register the software.

Free Domain To List Members: http://szaroconsulting.com/freedomain.htm