[webproducers] Re: Web Design/Interactive Design/Web Producer Conferences & Seminars

  • From: Tony Zeoli <tonyzeoli@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: webproducers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 14:04:31 -0400

So many things going on Jodi.
I recommend signing up for Meetup.com and checking all the activities there
first. The NY Tech Meetup is pretty big. There's also the NY Video Meetup,
Web Design Meetup, Wordpress Meetup, etc...etc... You can search for a
keyword there and find ones you are interested in.

Then, you'll want to check into any Adobe seminar for CS4, Flash, Flex. They
hold them once in so often in the city. Adobe reps are always running around
somewhere, given their attention to the space.

You'll also want to keep tabs on Web 2.0 Expo, which is coming to NYC in the
fall. Just had one in San Fran. Heard attendance was down because of
economy.

The IxDA.org folks host stuff in the city all the time, for usability
professionals and interaction designers. Check out their site and sign up
for the newsletter/list server. There's an event coming up on May 12th at
Digitas. The last one was at Razorfish.

I'm hosting a networking event, 20dot20 on Thursday, April 30th from 7 to 9.
It's our first one, soft launch...so we'll be doing a bigger one next month.

There's also the UltraLight Startups group that meets through Facebook and
at locations TBA.

Check into FlashCodersNY as well.

I think it's time for a Web Producers one, don't you think?

- - - -

Best regards,

*Tony Zeoli, Founder*
Netmix.com

o: 914-864-0788
m: 917 705 4700

email <%22tonyzeoli@xxxxxxxxxx%22> | web <http://www.netmix.com> |
blog<http://www.netmix.com>|
LinkedIn <http://tinyurl.com/3vpoef> | Facebook <http://tinyurl.com/2g3loy>|
Twitter <%20http://tinyurl.com/3q6z8j>
aim / msn: djtonyz | yahoo: anthonyzeoli | skype: tonyzeoli

On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 1:35 PM, Jodi Swartz <jodimswartz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi all -
> Can anyone recommend any conferences or seminars relating to aspects of Web
> Producing (like: web design, interactive design, web project management,
> technologies, etc...) that they have been to or have heard good things
> about?
>
> These can be local, regional or national.
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Jodi
>

> --
>
> Check out the Web Producers Job Board http://jobs.webproducers.org
>
> Messages are archived in our publicly accessible web archive. Trim your
> posts and delete personal
> information if you do not want them in the public web archive.

> webproducers-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx  (and be sure to reply to the
> confirmation e-mail)

page_id=9