[webproducers] Design Schedule Question

  • From: Sarah Gray <sarah@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Webproducers <webproducers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2003 13:29:15 -0500

Hi List,

I am writing an RFP and  am curious as to the ballpark time frame it
would take to design a website from scratch,.  There is an existing
website to look at for direction:
but the client wants a new look.

I am speaking only of graphic design, not any front or back-end coding.

The site is a  medical site so it is not  a high-concept
graphic production -- more like an elegant, simple (simple being key)
understated yet professional /attractive/corporate type thing.

The site would have a home page (duh!),  approximately seven  inner
pages (with dynamic
information filling predesigned templates), and  a handful of front and
back end data-entry forms
-- i.e., a unified "look" for forms would be part of the spec. The site
would be graphics and text (no flash or other multimedia).

The designer would get concept, wireframes, and general direction, and
would be asked to create three different looks, consult with the
client, choose one and develop it into the specs above.

How many weeks does this job sound like (excluding time for client
turnaround)?  Ballpark, of course --  I understand this is a  general
query and the time would be related to the specifics.  ;)

Thanks, I appreciate it.

Sarah

Questions and comments are welcome just e-mail  info at webproducers dot org