[wdmaudiodev] [wdmaudiodev]: Calling a user defined function from kernel space

  • From: AsHwAtH <itsmeash@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2007 13:20:32 +0530

Hi All

I have a very generic question though not related to audio directly.
I am using the MSVAD sample to try out callback implementation.

I am trying to implement a callback routine from the driver.
From my application I am passing the address of the User defined function to
the driver through my own IOCTL call.
I store this address in the driver as a function pointer and call it when a
particular condition is met inside the MSVAD.

But when I run this code kernel crashes, so this proves I am doing wrong.
Is there any particular way/precaution to take when calling user defined
function from the kernel space?
Or is there a better way to do the same?

Thanks a lot in advance.