[wdmaudiodev] Re: hardware mixing : managing stream levels

  • From: Marc Sillinger <marctiti@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 17:44:11 +0200 (CEST)

 Hi,

I'm trying to estimate the amount of work to support
hardware mixing (2D accelerated hardware). So far I've
found the recommandations in the DDK as of the Wave
Render Pin factory ( node ordering requirements,
datarange etc...).

But I'm not clear on how the volumes of each streams
shall be managed prior to mixing. My DSP is able to
handle the digital gain of each single stream before
mixing, how should this transpose in terms of topology
: will sndvol32 dynamicaly add a Wave volume for each
newstream.

I guess the DataRangeIntersec should set
KSDSOUND_BUFFER_LOCHARDWARE in the KSDSOUND_BUFFERDESC
structure, but what does KSDSOUND_BUFFER_CTRL_VOLUME
imply.

Basically what do I need to do on the topology side ?

Thanks.

BTW, thanks you Frank for your answer to my previous
question.

Marc.