[wdmaudiodev] Re: System volume slider sends only 0/1 channel volume/mute requests

  • From: Eugene Muzychenko <eugene@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Matthew van Eerde <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 May 2014 16:14:26 +0700

Hello Matthew,

I checked the same code under XP SP3 x86. In the Volume Control
application (sndvol32), Master Volume slider and mute checkbox send
volume/mute requests to all 6/8 channels of the appropriate TOPOLOGY
filter nodes, WAVE filter nodes are not affected. If I open channel
subslider window, each subslider sends volume control requests to the
appropriate channel only.

I thought Volume/Pan/Supermix/Sum nodes in a WAVE filter are used only
for stream volume control. Why Win7 associates them with Volume
Control Applet sliders instead of TOPOLOGY filter nodes when there are
no streams at all?

Regards,
Eugene