[wdmaudiodev] Re: Problem with test signed driver package

  • From: "Paul Titchener" <pt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 14:22:51 -0700

So this means that there is no way to fully test an APO before you submit it
for logo certification?

That seems to be a pretty severe restriction, is that really true?

Thanks,

Paul T.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd756608(VS.85).aspx

It seems that APO need to be logo certified to run in PUMA

On Sat, Sep 25, 2010 at 10:25 PM, Paul Titchener <pt@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

  (whoops, last email was accidentally sent before it was completed, sorry
about that)

  I'm working on getting the sysfx sAPO example from the DDK to run.

  I've got it running now in non-secure mode, with this reg key set to specify
the non-secure mode:

  HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Audio

  "DisableProtectedAudioDG"=dword:00000001

  However, with the DisableProtectedAudioDG registry setting off, the
swapAPO.dll is not getting called during the audio processing, ie the
processing isn't occuring.

  Turning that reg setting back on and rebooting makes the swapAPO.dll do the
processing correctly.

  Also when you do a Properties->Driver->Driver Details on the installed swap
driver, it shows all the expected installed dlls, but the swapAPO and
PropPageExt dll don't have a certificate icon next to them, the other files
shown do have the certificate, as do all the files for other audio drivers I've
looked at.