[wdmaudiodev] Re: Problem about GetMapping() / ReleaseMapping() in WavePCI

  • From: Tim Roberts <timr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 10:17:04 -0700

swapnil kamble wrote:

>     Thanks for your replies. One more silly question. I am using fake DMA.

Yes, even though quite a large number of people (relatively speaking)
advised you that this was a bad idea, and an unnecessary complication.

> So Do we have to do explicit data copying from capture and render ?
> which is not the property of WavePCI. What processing do we have to do
> actually in case of fake DMA ?

We can't answer that.  If there is no real hardware involved, where are
you going to copy the data to, and for what purpose?  Who is consuming
and producing the data?  Once you answer that, you'll know the answer to
the question.