[wdmaudiodev] MSVAD with KSOCKS and WAVE_FORMAT_EXTENSIBLE

  • From: Kevin Donnelly <kevin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 15:02:32 +1200

I have modified the MSVAD example to Send Stereo Data as UDP datagram
packet instead of saving to the hard drive. I further want to add the
feature of using the waveformatextensible structure to provide
information for switching the stereo data to four or more possible
channels. I have made a DirectShow transform filter for this purpose.
The input wFormatTag is WAVE_FORMAT_PCM the output
WAVE_FORMAT_EXTENSIBLE. The transform filter has been used with 8
channel Sound blaster cards to effectively provide up to 4 stereo
channels of music.

The KSOCKS version will provide similar capability by reading the
information in the WAVEFORMATEXTENSIBLE structure of the connection. UDP
datagram packets of stereo data can be sent to differing ports depending
on the 2 channel dwChannelMask value.
The problem is I don't know how to read within "MSVAD DirectSound
Renderer" in kernel mode the MediaType of the input pin.