[wdmaudiodev] KSNODETYPE_PERSONAL_MICROPHONE - does not get stereo stream requests

  • From: Surabhi Ghaisas <ghaisas.surabhi@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2012 14:27:32 +0530

Hi,

In my windows 7 wavert driver, I have exposed stereo support for the
capture path where the endpoint category is KSNODETYPE_PERSONAL_MICROPHONE
. When I open any recording application, i observe that the request is
coming for mono stream creation. I tried rejecting this stream in property
hander proposed format as format not supported. I expect that after this,
OS should query for default format for the pin using 'Get' request of
proposed format and then create a stream with stereo format but that is not
happening. Does this mean headset mic is always considered as mono endpoint
by OS?

Regards,
Surabhi