[wdmaudiodev] Re: IAudioEndpointVolume

  • From: "Alexandra Schoepel \(Ally\)" <Alexandra@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 13:25:20 -0700

Hi guys,

I noticed a missing definition in the SDK (5536.0.2) for
IID_IAudioEndpointVolume.  Maybe my SDK is old, but I couldn't find a
library with it defined.  I didn't see anything mentioned in the
documentation about needing to link a specific library either.  Looking
at the header for endpointvolume.h, I see it says that the IID is a
constant extern:

        EXTERN_C const IID IID_IAudioEndpointVolume;

Anyhow, I replaced my code with __uuidof(IAudioEndpointVolume) when
calling IMMDevice::Activate and I am able to link okay now.  However,
this differs from what the documentation specifies.

Ally