[wdmaudiodev] Re: Find lower device object in driver stack

  • From: Doktor Schnipp <docschnipp@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 18:52:09 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

thanks for answering.

 --- DJ Sisolak <dsisolak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
schrieb: >
> Hello Doc,
>
> If the device follows the USB Audio MIDI
> specification the usbaudio.sys =
> driver should enumerate and run your device. There
> are certain parts of =
> the MIDI spec which are not covered by this driver
> (ie MIDI Elements) =
> but I am working on filling these in.

it's a bit like but not complete as the standard USB
Audio MIDI specs. There are several additional
controls I have to pass down the USB Midi Stream (and
I can not send it through another control pipe).

I also have to run under Win98 which makes things much
more complicated ;-)

> Have you tried running your device with the inbox
> driver? Did it not =
> work? If not please let me know what problems you
> have encountered.

One of the points is: I need to send USB data to the
next lower device in the stack. Normally, I would get
this device by using IoAttachDeviceToDeviceStack().
But as a media adapter driver I am using the
PCAddAdapterDevice() which does this for me. But now I
don't have any target to send the URBs to, since it
just gives me back if it succeeded.

thanks for help

Doc

Möchten Sie mit einem Gruß antworten? http://grusskarten.yahoo.de