[wdmaudiodev] Re: Discovery of Analog Audio Device

  • From: tekHedd <tekhedd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2007 12:24:42 -0700

Marc Lindahl wrote:

> Dollars to doughnuts they're using a switch in the headphone jack and
> not some 'impedance sensing'.

Actually, I've heard of problems where the iPod goes into pause
automatically when the connection is poor (say, the jack is dirty, dying
headphone cable, badly designed headphone mute control, etc). I suppose
it saves a few cents on hardware, and makes the jack physically smaller...

(I should have taken you up on that wager, but I'm all out of donuts.)

tom

--
tekhedd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx    )                 ,~~v~~,
http://byteheaven.com/    )                ,`.   .`,