[wdmaudiodev] Re: Custom device icon

  • From: Robert Bielik <robert.bielik@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2010 17:24:39 +0100

Daniel E. Germann skrev 2010-11-04 13:18:
Robert,

I've successfully used the technique described here:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff536228(VS.85).aspx

[MyDriver.AddReg]
HKR,Branding,icon,,"mydriver.dll,100"

Hope that helps,
-Dan

Thnx Dan, it might work on XP, but on Vista I still see the default mmsys.cpl icon for
KSNODETYPE_SPEAKER (i.e. the "speaker" icon).

If you google "PKEY_DeviceClass_IconPath", you'll find a powerpoint (a ms
download) document mentioning the technique, although just
barely, i.e. no working INF example is provided. Further google hits show
actual INF files using this method, which I've used
as base for my attempt.

Oh, and I use the branding you mentioned also, and that works (exactly as
pointed out in the ppt document).

Regards
/Robert