[wdmaudiodev] Audio device control in Windows 7.

  • From: mana <m92.suzuki@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 20:19:32 +0900

Hi all,

I am developing the sound capture application in Windows 7.
My goal is ...

  1.Capture mixed audio output on the system using my virtual sound driver.
  2.Without changing the preferred audio device by the user.
  3.Captured audio data will put to the own audio encoder and send to the client
    process which runs on remote and local PC.

Now, my problem is No.2.
And I know that there is no public mechanism (APIs) to change the default
audio device from my application.

Then, I have two question.

Q1.
  I want to disable all physical audio devices and enable only my
  sound device (my virtual sound driver). Is it possible?
  I want to do the state like the "Remote Playback Audio" that
  appears in the audio redirection of RDP session.

Q2.
  In a server PC, Can I establish the RDP session only of audio?
  I want to use only the audio redirection of the RDP. If it is possible,
  I think that I will capture audio system data from "Playback audio device".

Q3.
  Is there any information about the mechanism of RDP audio redirection?

  I am studying now about the RDP (Service APIs/Vitual
Channel/Protocol ...) at the MSDN Library,
  but I am still insufficient of understanding.

Thanks & best regards,
Mana.