[wdmaudiodev] AVStream AC3 stream pointer references invalid memory after seek

  • From: "Stephan Kappertz" <stephan@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "WDMAUDIODEV" <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 18:10:15 +0200

Hi All,

as the subject indicates, my AVStream driver bugchecks after a media seek in
WinDVD (ConnectionInterface is KSINTERFACE_STANDARD_STREAMING). Reason is
that the memory location referenced by the stream pointer is invalid after
the seek! Prior to the seek all is fine. While seeking, the driver is set to
KSSTATE_PAUSE.

I had exactly the same issue with our WavePCI based drivers. In WavePCI I
could fix the BSOD by releasing all mappings (PortStream->ReleaseMapping())
whenever the driver went to KSSTATE_PAUSE.

Now I'm trying to do the same in AVStream. In pause state I'm deleting all
clone pointers and I'm also advancing the Leading stream pointer until it
fails. Of no avail.

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot,
    Stephan