[WADNet Post] May 23, 2006: Madison Area News

  • From: WADNet Post Editor <wadneteditor@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wadnetpost@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 23:27:22 -0500

MADISON AREA NEWS
   --  Madison Deaf Events Information Page Online
   --  Deaf Walking Group
   --  NO Deaf Professionals in Summer
   --  2006 Performances at the Overture Center
   --  Jun 15: Access to Independence Open House
   --  Jun 24: Emergency Preparedness Workshop: Tornadoes
Madison Deaf Events Information Page Online

Want to know about other Madison Deaf Events?

Go to http://www.geocities.com/madisondeaf

Lists all of the local events.

For Deaf youth, go to geocities.com/maddeafyouth

Sponsored by Access to Independence
Questions or comments, contact  Denise Pulfer at deaf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

   (Contributed by: Denise Pulfer, Access to Independence)

Deaf Walking Group

Deaf Walking Group
Monday mornings
East Towne Mall Madison for the month of May
8 am
(Meet by JCPenney)

Meet friends and get some exersize.  Men and women welcome!

For more information, contact Denise Pulfer, deaf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx or
608 242-8480 tty

   (Contributed by: Denise Pulfer, Access to Independence)

NO Deaf Professionals in Summer

CANCELED: Deaf Professionals

Deaf Professionals Canceled for May, June, and July

We will not meet for the summer.
Instead let's go cheer on our deaf softball team.

Yeah Team!!

Please email Denise Pulfer for any questions or comments
deaf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

   (Contributed by: Denise Pulfer, WADNet Reader)

2006 Performances at the Overture Center

Each season, Overture Center for the Arts offers specific Broadway performances that will be interpreted. Performance quality interpreters spend weeks preparing for the interpretation of those performances.

Our policy is to hold our accessible seating to the very last minute, * but once we sell out of all other seats, we must start to sell the seats that we held in reserve for our patrons who might seek accommodations.

If you are interested in attending any of this season's Broadway performances at Overture Center, please contact Jess at 608-258-4144, to reserve your seats soon.

The remaining 2005/2006 scheduled sign language interpreted performance at Overture Center are:

Movin' Out, Saturday, June 3, 2006 2:00 PM, interpreted by: Kris Orkin and Erin Reed

Other events can be interpreted upon request when purchasing tickets. If you intend to use this service or purchase tickets on behalf of someone who will use this service, please inform the ticket office staff. They can assist with seat selection for the best viewing of the sign-language interpretation. The locations of the Interpreters change from production to production.

To contact the ticket office, please call 608-258-4144 or TTY 608-258-4967

Respectfully submitted,

Rae Atira-Soncea
Accessibility Coordinator
Overture Center for the Arts
201 State Street
Madison WI 53703
608-258-4165
Fax 608-258-4971
www.overturecenter.com

   (Contributed by Rae Atira-Soncea, Overture Center for the Arts)

Jun 15: Access to Independence Open House

Join us for a Spring OPEN HOUSE, Thursday, June 15, 2006!

We will be hosting an OPEN HOUSE at Access to Independence on Thursday, June 15, from 3 to 6 p.m.

YOU ARE INVITED to join us for light refreshments, demonstrations of assistive technology, information about advocacy initiatives and opportunities, and more!

Please drop in and visit us! We look forward to seeing you there!

Sign Language interpreters will be available. If you need materials in alternate formats, or any other accommodations to participate, please let us know by June 1.

For more information, please contact Denise Pulfer, deaf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx or 608 242-8480 tty.

   (Contributed by: Denise Pulfer, Access to Independence)

Jun 24: Emergency Preparedness: Tornadoes

June 24
10am- noon
at Our Savior Deaf

Learn about what to do if there is a tornado. How do you work with the Red Cross?
What things do you need if there are problems?

Jim Wallace from the Red Cross with be our speaker.

For more info go to www.geocities.com/madisondeaf

Or Contact Denise Pulfer at Access to Independence
deaf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

   (Contributed by: Denise Pulfer, WADNet Reader)

IF YOU ARE CHANGING EMAIL ADDRESSES, PLEASE FOLLOW THESE TWO STEPS:

Then

2) SUBSCRIBE to the WADNet Post by sending an email from your NEW email address
to wadnetpost-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'subscribe' in the Subject field.

TO SUBMIT ARTICLES for WADNet Posts, send an email with the information to
wadneteditor@xxxxxxxxxxx by 7pm CST Sunday night.  WADNet Posts generally go
out on Monday and/or Tuesday evenings each week.  Special Postings will be made
when there is an urgent need and on a case-by-case basis.  Please contact the
WADNet Post Editor if you have any questions.

TO UNSUBSCRIBE from the WADNet Post, send an email to
wadnetpost-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'unsubscribe' in the Subject field.

Please visit our website at http://www.wi-deaf.org for the latest information
and events.  Also, please visit our website at http://www.wi-deaf.org if you
wish to become a member of WAD.