[WADNet Post] Aug 7: Madison Area News

  • From: WADNet Post Editor <wadneteditor@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wadnetpost@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2007 02:07:49 -0500

MADISON AREA NEWS
--  NO Madison Deaf Senior Housing Meeting in August
--  Aug 17: BlackBerry 101 Workshop, Janesville
--  Aug 23: Picnic in the Park
--  Sand Volleyball @ CRI
--  Fall ASL Classes @ Access to Independence
No Madison Deaf Senior Housing Meeting in August

There will be NO Madison Senior Housing meeting in August. There will be a meeting at 10 a.m. on September 8th. More information to come later.

   (Contributed by: Karen Dishno, WADNet Reader)

Aug 17: BlackBerry 101 Workshop, Janesville

Blackberry 101 – How to use your Blackberry?

Workshop provided by Mike Finneran, Sprint Relay

*UP TO 40 PEOPLE. FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE BASIS*

WHEN: August 17, 2007
TIME: 7pm
WHERE: Holiday Inn Express – Janesville I-90 & US HWY 14
3100 Wellington Place
Janesville, WI  53546  UNITED STATES

Hotel Front Desk: 1-608-756-3100 / Hotel Fax: 1-608-756-3111

RSVP: Contact Faye Peters at Faye4Sprint@xxxxxxxxx
   (Contributed by: Faye Peters, Sprint)

Aug 23: Picnic in the Park

********* SAVE THE DATE  **************

Deaf and Hard of Hearing Family Potluck Picnic in the Park

WHEN:  Thursday, August 23rd  6:00pm

Come one, come all. Gather with old friends and make new ones in this relaxed environment.

Bring a dish to share.

Students who are deaf and hard of hearing, and their families, who live in any Dane County school district, are strongly encouraged to attend.

Collaborated event with Family Enhancement/Shore to Shore, Access to Independence’s Denise Pulfer and Madison Metropolitan School District’s D/HH Department’s Jovita Gandolfo and TDHH Deb Anken-Dyer.

WHERE: Westmoreland Park, a City of Madison Park, 4114 Tokay Blvd (go to www.cityofmadison.com/parks/major/westMorePark.html for details and directions)
QUESTIONS:  Please contact me for any questions and suggestions.

Connie Stevens
Shore to Shore Parent Educator

Shore to Shore is a program for families with a deaf or hard of hearing member. We believe that communication in the family is the foundation to social, emotional and academic development.

A program of Family Enhancement
2120 Fordem Avenue, Suite 210
Madison, WI  53704
cstevens@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
608-241-5150 ext. 16

   (Contributed by: Connie Stevens, Shore to Shore)

Sand Volleyball @ CRI (Crossroads)

Hi all!! Come and support your local sand volleyball team!! We have lots of fun and it is a great place to see everyone!!

People on our team: Scott Evans, Ted Trenkamp, Kim Bagley, Brian Bagley, Laurie Evans, Becky, John Payne, and Kayla Timm

Here is the rest of the season's schedule:

Volleyball Schedule at CRI on Thursdays

June 21 8:30pm
June 28 6:30pm
July 5 No Volleyball- HOLIDAY
July 12 8 30pm
July 19 7 30pm
July 26 Rain/Make up/Playoffs
Aug 2 Rain/Make up/Playoffs
Aug 9 Playoffs
Aug 16 Playoffs
Aug 23 Playoffs if needed

See you there!!!

   (Contributed by: Kim Bagley, WADNet Reader)
Fall ASL Classes at Access to Independence

Access to Independence will be offering ASL 1 and 2 in the fall.

When: Tuesdays
Start: Sept 11, 2007
Where: Our Savior Deaf Church 3110 Dairy Dr Madison

What: ASL 1 and 2
         Kid's class and childcare
Who: Classes are open to the community. Kid's classes will be held at the same time.
Cost:
$50 individual
$80 family

Deadline is Sept 4 to sign up. A $10 fee will be added if you sign up after the deadline.

Contact Denise for sign up forms.

Denise Pulfer
Access to Independence
Coordinator for Deaf and hard of hearing
2345 Atwood Ave.
Madison WI 53704
608 242-8480 (tty)
deaf.accesstoind.org  IP videophone
deaf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
1 800 316-3304 for hearing users only

   (Contributed by: Denise Pulfer, Access to Independence)

Then

2) SUBSCRIBE to the WADNet Post by sending an email from your NEW email address
to wadnetpost-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'subscribe' in the Subject field.

TO SUBMIT ARTICLES for WADNet Posts, send an email with the information to
wadneteditor@xxxxxxxxxxx by 7pm CST Sunday night.  WADNet Posts generally go
out on Monday and/or Tuesday evenings each week.  Special Postings will be made
when there is an urgent need and on a case-by-case basis.  Please contact the
WADNet Post Editor if you have any questions.

TO RECEIVE WADNET POST IN DIGEST MODE: To start receiving WADNet Posts in digest mode, simply send an email to wadnetpost-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with "set digest" in the subject line. Leave the body of the email blank. You should get a confirmation saying "set digest" and "Flag successfully set". After that, you will start receiving WADNet Post in digest instead of separate emails for each post.

TO STOP DIGEST AND GO BACK TO NORMAL EMAIL:
Send an email to wadnetpost-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with "unset digest" in the subject line.  Leave
the body of the email blank.  You will get a confirmation showing "unset digest" and "Flag
successfully set".  And you'll go back to receiving normal emails from WADNet Post.

TO UNSUBSCRIBE from the WADNet Post, send an email to
wadnetpost-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'unsubscribe' in the Subject field.

Please visit our website at http://www.wi-deaf.org for the latest information
and events.  Also, please visit our website at http://www.wi-deaf.org if you
wish to become a member of WAD.