[vmfa] Re: Managing our fisheries

  • From: "Kevin Frankeberger" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "k_frankeberger@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: "vmfa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <vmfa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2015 23:02:02 +0000 (UTC)

Ron and all:
Like you, I was a tad surprised per damage done by Northern Pike but I sure
understand how the eco-system can get messed up when us mankind introduces
non-native species.
Do pardon my memory but I think as a young man out on Lake Erie Walleye fishing
we'd run into and catch a Northern Pike from time to time.  Don't they have
teeth or something very similar?  Also, aren't Northern Pike what folk are
fishing for when ice fishing on the Great Lakes?
Thanks for any education coming my way!  LOL
Kevin