[vlug] Minutes of Workshop on NS-2

  • From: Prasanna Venkadesh <prasmailme@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 22:08:24 +0530

*Hello all*, here we share you all, the minutes of *Workshop on
NS-2*conducted by
*PuduvaiLUG on March 10th, 2012.*
*Mr. Suresh Kumar,* who has got 10 years of experience in the field of
Networking and an *CISCO Certified Professional* handled the complete
session.

*8:30 Am:* We got the place from Ocean Academy (http://oceanacademy.in) to
conduct the Workshop and our Organizers made the seminar hall ready in just
few minutes by arranging the chairs, putting the room temperature at cool,
setting up the projector and necessary extension box for powering the
projector and laptops for use during the Workshop. Participants have
started to reach the place after all the arrangements were made.

*9:00 Am: *Mr. Suresh Kumar arrived at our place and we received him and
took him to the seminar hall and he started to connect his laptop to
projector to get started.

*9:30 Am:* On-spot registrations were done.

*10:00 Am**: *By this time everyone has arrived and we have started our
workshop. Initially it was a theory session where Mr. Suresh Kumar was
covering the Basics of Simulation and what is the use of NS-2. The session
went for about 4 hours with the mix of both theory and hands-on.

*1:30 Pm:* We took a break for a lunch and returned back at2:30 Pm

*2:30 Pm:* He covered the rest of the workshop agenda and waited for
queries and feedback from the attendees and clarified the queries of them
too.

*3:30 Pm:* We thanked Mr. Suresh Kumar for his useful session and at the
end we played a video on “Open Sourced future ” which was taken form TEDx
event, and here <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vJ0eEjHm_E> is the link
for the video. At the end of this video we spoke about being Open and the
importance of being open. We winded up the session and everyone thanked for
the workshop and started to leave the place and we cleaned the place and
returned back to Ocean Academy.

For more information visit the link:-
http://puduvailug.wordpress.com/2012/03/13/minutes-of-1-day-workshop-on-ns-2/
Our special thanks to Mr. Suresh Kumar, who came all the way from Chennai
to handle this workshop here at Puducherry and special thanks to ILUGC,
since we got his contact only with the help of Indian Linux Users Group
Chennai (ILUGC) mailing list.
--
Regards,
Prasanna Venkadesh