[visionrehabtherapist] Re: jumbo Braille

  • From: Chelsea Bridges <cheldbri@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "DeannaA@xxxxxxxxx" <DeannaA@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 13:21:52 -0700 (PDT)

I teach jumbo Braille using the Alma and Adam primer. This teaches adult
learners how to read Grade 1 1/2 Braille.

The dots are definitely spaced farther apart than standard Braille letters.

You can order the book from APH (American Printing House) for $26.00.

Chelsea Bridges
H: 813-969-0635
C: 813-600-0346

On Apr 21, 2009, at 12:18 PM, "Deanna Austin" <DeannaA@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Good afternoon Vision rehab staff.

Can you tell me is there any text to teach Jumbo Braille? Is the Illinois
series available in Jumbo Braille? I am not thinking that there is anything in
Jumbo Braille.

So then if a person needs to teach Jumbo Braille to a client what do you use?
Do you create your own?

Any input would be helpful.

Thanks,

Deanna Austin LSW, CVRT

Indianapolis

Deanna Austin LSW, CVRT

Itinerant Rehabilitation Teaching Manager

Bosma Enterprises

8020 Zionsville Road

Indianapolis, IN 46268

Ph 888-567-3422

Ph  317-704-8252

Fax 317-704-8253

deannaa@xxxxxxxxx

"The Best of Bosma" cookbooks are now on sale for $15.00. Over 80 pages of
delicious recipes!  All proceeds benefit the rehabilitation and employment
programs offered at Bosma.  Contact Lise Cox at lisec@xxxxxxxxx

"Making the world a better place for people who are blind"

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email message, including any attachments is for
privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message