[visionrehabtherapist] Easy chocolate cake recipe

  • From: Alexis Read <alexisread@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: visionrehabtherapist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2009 07:29:35 -0700 (PDT)

Here's an easy cake recipe for clients who love chocolate but who might not
have an oven or the skills necessary to operate an oven.  If anyone would like
this in MS Word foramt, let me know, and I can attach it to an e-mail.

Regards,
Alexis Read
Graduate Student
Vision Rehabilitation Therapy
Western Michigan University

Crock Pot Chocolate Cake
Serves 8-10
Ingredients
1 package chocolate cake mix (about 19 oz.)
1 package instant chocolate pudding mix (about 4 oz.)
1 cup water
4 eggs
3/4 cup cooking oil
2 cups dairy sour cream
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 (12 oz.) package chocolate chips
Ice cream (your choice of flavors)

Method
Mix cake mix, pudding mix, water, eggs, oil, sour cream and vanilla in large
mixer bowl. Beat till well blended (about 2 minutes.) Stir in chocolate chips.
Spray slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. Pour cake mix into cooker. Cook
until the center is puffy and starts to pull away from sides on cooker. This
takes about 3 hours on high heat or 6 hours on low heat, depending on your slow
cooker. Easiest way to serve is right from the cooker (with spoon.)Serve warm
with ice cream.

Administrator e-mail: dietz1112@xxxxxxxxx