[visionegg] Re: pygame GLX error

  • From: Andrew Straw <andrew.straw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: visionegg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 19:08:05 -0700

On Tuesday, May 20, 2003, at 11:42 AM, R.E. Crist, Ph.D. wrote:

Hi,
I have just completed the installation of the Vision egg package on a system
running RedHat 8.0. Though it was not especially easy, all of the required
packages are now installed. However, none of the Vision egg demos will run. I
get an error message which says:

pygame.error: Couldn't find matching GLX visual

I'm not sure how to proceed since pygame installed successfully. Also, I have
run demos (not pygame or Vision egg) which require GLX.

Any suggestions?

From the FAQ:

I am unable to open a graphics window. I get the following exception: "pygame.error: Couldn't find matching GLX visual"

An attempt was made to open a graphics window, but the requested mode was not found. Try setting the total bit depth to 0 and each RGBA component to 0 to allow automatic matching. Start with a small window (e.g. 640x480) and do not try fullscreen initially.

Hope this helps. If it doesn't, please let us know.

Cheers!
Andrew