[visionegg] problem with GLX when launching visionegg

  • From: Pallier Christophe <pallier@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: visionegg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 12:04:02 +0100 (MET)

Hello all,

When I try to launch any of the visionegg demos,
I get an error message :'pygame.error: couldn't find matching GLX visual'
provoked by the line 'screen=get_default_screen()'.

I checked that:
- All the examples given with the pygame package work fine (but they
probably do not use OpenGL).
- several opengl programs (e.g. the mesa-demo programs) work fine.
- The glx module is loaded (checked in /var/log/XFree86.0.log)
- When I launch 'python opengl_info.py', I get a lengthy output, with some
tests that fails, but nothing which seems crucial (?).

Any hint? It is probably something stupid but I don't know much about
OpenGL.

I use visionegg-0.9.4a3.
(by the way, when installing it, I got the message:

error: can't copy
'data/az_el.png': doesn't exist or not a regular file
)

I use the nvidia drivers:

OpenGL information returned from OpenGL drivers:
 GL_VENDOR = NVIDIA Corporation
 GL_RENDERER = GeForce4 440 Go/AGP/SSE2
 GL_VERSION =  1.3.1 NVIDIA 31.23

Christophe Pallier