[visionegg] hundrets of ms lost time

  • From: Christoph Lehmann <lehmann@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: visionegg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 08 May 2003 18:50:03 +0200

Dear Andrew
o.k. I continued to find, where my code looses time. Sadly I found, that
it is in these commands:

    stimulus.parameters.texture = preloaded_texture_list[stim_index]
    screen.clear()
    viewport.draw()
    swap_buffers()

if I log the time before and after this commands, I get the lost time:
sometimes even several 100ms, usually between 16 and roughly ms (even
thoug no sync buffer swaps is choosen...)

please let me know, why these subroutines take so much time. I iwll now
go further to see, which command exactly has the problem (maybe the
stimulus.parametes.texture)

Thanks

p.s. I sent a mail to the SDL list considering getting the mouse-events
while in max_priority mode

Cheers

Christoph
--
Christoph Lehmann <lehmann@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
University Hospital of Clinical Psychiatry