[visionegg] Re: "Pygame parachute"?

  • From: Andrew Straw <astraw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: visionegg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 18:24:39 -0800

Pygame catches the signal the kernel sends to kill a process when the
process has been naughty... (Think seg faults, for example.) Why the
authors of pygame did that rather than letting the process die normally,
I'm not sure. But, it appears that there's code in the source of pygame
to attempt to show the python traceback, which is disabled with the
comment "this traceback hacking has gotten a bit treacherous". You could
attempt to print tracebacks by fiddling with that code and recompiling
pygame, but I always find it easier to bisect my code with print statements.

Ariel Rokem wrote:
> Hello - can anyone tell me what a "pygame parachute" is?
>
> Thanks --
>
> Ariel

> Ariel Rokem
> Helen Wills Neuroscience Institute