[visionegg] Bleeding edge release available

  • From: Andrew Straw <andrew.straw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: visionegg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 12:34:15 +1030

Hi all,

I am planning on releasing the next version of the Vision Egg soon. In the meantime, I have added a "bleeding edge" release in the normal SourceForge Files page (also described on the Vision Egg website in the downloads page). I hope to update this release whenever the development code has useful, significant changes from the current release. The purpose of making such releases is twofold:

1) To beta-test the packaging process for the binary installers. If you use the bleeding edge distributions, PLEASE let me know of any installation issues, as these installers will be used for final releases.

2) To allow users uncomfortable with CVS to get recent code. The number of requests for such code is increasing, so hopefully this will help those people without requiring them to learn CVS.

Unfortunately, living on the bleeding edge may mean that you're getting new bugs, experimental features which will change before a new "real" release, and so on. Write code based on the bleeding edge at your own risk.

Cheers!
Andrew