[virusinfo] virusinfo Digest V4 #173

  • From: "Mike" <mikebike@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: virusinfo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 08:21:14 -0700

virusinfo Digest        Mon, 27 Jun 2005        Volume: 04  Issue: 173

In This Issue:
                [virusinfo]  W32/Sdbot-AYF
                [virusinfo]  W32/Kelvir-AJ
                [virusinfo]  W32/Codbot-N
                [virusinfo] Troj/BagleDl-R
                [virusinfo]  W32/Kelvir-CB

Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 07:54:55 -0700
From: "Mike" <mikebike@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [virusinfo]  W32/Sdbot-AYF

From; Sophos Alert System:

Name: W32/Sdbot-AYF
Type: Win32 worm
Date: 27 June 2005

Sophos has issued protection for W32/Sdbot-AYF.

At the time of writing, Sophos has received a small number of
reports of this worm from the wild.

Customers using EM Library, Enterprise Console, PureMessage or
any of our Sophos small business solutions will be automatically
protected at their next scheduled update.

Information about W32/Sdbot-AYF can be found at:
http://www.sophos.com/virusinfo/analyses/w32sdbotayf.html

*********** MIKE"S REPLY SEPARATOR  ***********
http://www3.telus.net/mikebike

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 07:57:01 -0700
From: "Mike" <mikebike@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [virusinfo]  W32/Kelvir-AJ

From; Sophos Alert System:

Name: W32/Kelvir-AJ
Aliases: IM-Worm.Win32.Prex.d
Type: Win32 worm
Date: 27 June 2005

Sophos has issued protection for W32/Kelvir-AJ.

At the time of writing, Sophos has received no reports from
users affected by this worm. However, we have issued this
advisory following enquiries to our support department from
customers.

Customers using EM Library, Enterprise Console, PureMessage or
any of our Sophos small business solutions will be automatically
protected at their next scheduled update.

Information about W32/Kelvir-AJ can be found at:
http://www.sophos.com/virusinfo/analyses/w32kelviraj.html

*********** MIKE"S REPLY SEPARATOR  ***********
http://www3.telus.net/mikebike
http://www3.telus.net/mikebike/worm_removal.htm
See my Anti-Virus pages  http://virusinfo.hackfix.org/index
A Technical Support Alliance  and OWTA Charter Member

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 08:05:48 -0700
From: "Mike" <mikebike@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [virusinfo]  W32/Codbot-N

From; Sophos Alert System:

Name: W32/Codbot-N
Aliases: Backdoor.Win32.Codbot.ag, W32.Toxbot, WORM_SPYBOT.ABN
Type: Win32 worm
Date: 27 June 2005

Sophos has issued protection for W32/Codbot-N.

At the time of writing, Sophos has received no reports from
users affected by this worm. However, we have issued this
advisory following enquiries to our support department from
customers.

Customers using EM Library, Enterprise Console, PureMessage or
any of our Sophos small business solutions will be automatically
protected at their next scheduled update.

Information about W32/Codbot-N can be found at:
http://www.sophos.com/virusinfo/analyses/w32codbotn.html

Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 14:06:32 -0700
From: "Mike" <mikebike@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [virusinfo] Troj/BagleDl-R

From; Sophos Alert System:

Name: Troj/BagleDl-R
Aliases: Email-Worm.Win32.Bagle.bq
Type: Trojan
Date: 27 June 2005

Sophos has issued protection for Troj/BagleDl-R.

Sophos has received many reports of this Trojan from the wild.

Customers using EM Library, Enterprise Console, PureMessage or
any of our Sophos small business solutions will be automatically
protected at their next scheduled update.

Note: The IDE issued for Troj/BagleDl-R at 27 June 2005 01:20:03
(GMT) has now been updated to enhance detection.

Information about Troj/BagleDl-R can be found at:
http://www.sophos.com/virusinfo/analyses/trojbagledlr.html

Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 17:04:38 -0700
From: "Mike" <mikebike@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [virusinfo]  W32/Kelvir-CB

From:  Sophos Alert System wrote:

Name: W32/Kelvir-CB
Aliases: IM-Worm.Win32.Kelvir.cb
Type: Win32 worm
Date: 27 June 2005

Sophos has issued protection for W32/Kelvir-CB.

At the time of writing, Sophos has received a small number of
reports of this worm from the wild.

Customers using EM Library, Enterprise Console, PureMessage or
any of our Sophos small business solutions will be automatically
protected at their next scheduled update.

Information about W32/Kelvir-CB can be found at:
http://www.sophos.com/virusinfo/analyses/w32kelvircb.html

*********** MIKE"S REPLY SEPARATOR  ***********
http://www3.telus.net/mikebike
http://www3.telus.net/mikebike/worm_removal.htm
See my Anti-Virus pages  http://virusinfo.hackfix.org/index
A Technical Support Alliance  and OWTA Charter Member

End of virusinfo Digest V4 #173