[virusinfo] Agnitum Newsletter (2005-06-01)

  • From: "Mike" <mikebike@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: virusinfo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2005 08:48:09 -0700

From; Agnitum Newsletter (2005-06-01)
http://www.agnitum.com/news/20050601.html

(*) Outpost Firewall Pro 2.7 Boosts Outbound Data Protection
(*) Agnitum Launches an Office in United States
(*) Two-Year Renewal Period Now Available
(*) New Award In France

NEW VERSION 2.7 OF OUTPOST FIREWALL PRO ADDS FLEXIBLE PROTECTION AGAINST
HIDDEN THREATS

The task of protecting personal data stored on a computer is becoming more
challenging. Hackers employ predatory new tactics that allow them to seize
personal data through the bypassing of traditional firewall defenses. Attack
mechanisms that exploit the inadequate outbound data found with many modern
firewalls can yield substantial gains to its originators. With the release
of new version of Outpost Firewall PRO, the security bar has been markedly
raised.

As always, Outpost makes sure that no unintended chunk of information ever
leaves or enters your PC. Introduced with the new version are program
control mechanisms and unmatched flexibility that let users specify
exclusion lists for programs whose ability to launch, modify or control
other applications would always be considered legit. This feature eliminates
numerous user prompts and redundant confirmation windows while keeping your
defenses robust.

With three powerful mechanisms available-Process Memory Control, Hidden
Process Control and Components control-and an option to customize their
settings, program users benefit from powerful protection delivered with
enviable application control flexibility. These features make a huge
contribution to the overall level of security and usability offered by the
award-winning firewall technology.

For upgrade instructions please visit this page:
http://www.agnitum.com/products/outpost/upgrade.html
For History of Changes visit:
http://www.agnitum.com/products/outpost/history.html

AGNITUM LAUNCHES AN OFFICE IN UNITED STATES

Agnitum is pleased to announce the opening of its first office in North
America. Distribution and promotion of the company's new product, Outpost
Office Firewall, is the most important task for the U.S. office at the
moment. However, Outpost Firewall Pro and Tauscan are also available and
will be strongly promoted in the near future. With heavy demand to protect
small and medium businesses from inbound and outbound threats-DDoS attacks,
worms, Trojans and disgruntled employees-Office Firewall will definitely
occupy a strong position on the American market.

Agnitum's new North American presence is being spearheaded by startup sales
and marketing consultancy Euresto Partners. Principals Jim Leonard and Pat
Bitton, respectively VP Sales and VP Marketing for Agnitum North America,
have many years experience in information security with companies such as
McAfee, Dr Solomon's, Symantec, Trend Micro, PestPatrol, CertifiedMail and
Orchestria.

"We're delighted to announce our first real U.S. market presence," says
Agnitum Vice President of Sales & Marketing Mikhail Penkovsky. "Outpost
products have been widely acclaimed in Europe and the Asia-Pacific region,
and we feel we are now ready to invest in the key North American market. Jim
and Pat have a strong background in information security and their market
knowledge will be invaluable in bringing our products to the attention of
North American buyers."

TWO-YEAR RENEWAL PERIOD NOW AVAILABLE

The Outpost Firewall license can now be renewed for two years! We appreciate
the dedication shown by users of our products, and also offer a 25% discount
on the two-year renewal program. Now any user can just pay once for two
years in advance, and save 25% off the original price!

Some time ago Agnitum followed user demands and introduced a two-year
license. We are offering a two-year renewal program now to give our users
real peace of mind from all Internet threats.

To get a two-year renewal, fill in the form on our web page here:
http://www.agnitum.com/purchase/renew.html

NEW AWARD IN FRANCE

The results of Outpost's performance in an extensive firewall test were
published in France's PC Expert May 2005 issue. Outpost Firewall blocked
more leak tests than any other product in the test and won first place with
the Editor's Choice award. The magazine considers Outpost's defense arsenal
the most powerful in comparison to other firewalls in the test, including
the Windows Firewall.

Outpost Firewall Pro won special recognition from the magazine through the
following nominations:

-Best Firewall overall;
-Best protection against hackers;
-Maximum blocking of leaks; and
-Highest efficiency and ease of use.

The test results also stress the usability of Outpost's pre-defined rule
settings, which provide users with out-of-box protection.

The conclusion of the magazine reads as follows:
"... a well-deserved first place because it excels in protection against
hacker attacks... It's the best-armed firewall to block furtive outgoing
connections."
PC Expert, May 2005

Best Regards
Agnitum Ltd.:
Taking Care of Your Security
http://www.agnitum.com

*********** MIKE"S REPLY SEPARATOR  ***********
http://www3.telus.net/mikebike
http://www3.telus.net/mikebike/worm_removal.htm
See my Anti-Virus pages  http://virusinfo.hackfix.org/index
A Technical Support Alliance  and OWTA Charter Member