[vip_students] Re: list to give your politicians at the front door

  • From: Èdel Carey <careyedel@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vip_students@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2011 23:39:55 -0000

Hi Frank I would add to this list that:

Irish Rail increase the size of the signs in our railway stations as they have
got smaller since they were renewed some years ago and god knows they were
never too big in the first place.  Also the orange print on white background is
just ridiculously hard to see.

While I’m on a roll, that Dublin Bus also make their bus numbers more visible.
They are like the train signs smaller and less visible than they used to be.
It makes me wonder if anyone in both these companies is overseeing
accessibility issues or consulting with visually impaired.

Dart stations are also an issue and if the audio announcement is out of order
as often happens them I’m reliant on my fellow passengers to advise me when I
reach my stop.

Ok that’s my rant over, I had a very stressful day in Dublin on Tuesday hence
my suggestions!

Regards

Edel Carey