[vip_students] Re: converting an external hd

  • From: "[NCBI] Support" <support@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <vip_students@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2014 12:32:10 +0000

Hi Vincent,

Did the external drive come with a CD which in turn usually contains specific
backup/system backup software that  should do the job better than Windows 7 own
tools. Find this disk and install the software on it. Also make sure that the
external drive isn't being used by windows to index files already as this will
hinder the process of system backups also.
The Windows tools for creating system backups are fine if you are using an
internal drive such as a second hard drive like SATA or SSD.

version doesn't have this disclaimer in outgoing emails.