[vip_students] Re: Thunder screen reader

  • From: "Joan Ann Brosnan" <kerrygirl18@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: vip_students@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2007 09:41:12 +0100

Hi all
I installed the thunder screen reader yesterday.  I was very impressed
with the speech quality and how easy it was to navigate around the
computer.
I wasn't overly impressed with the web application which I found a
little awkward but, this could be because I am so used to internet
explorer with jaws.
Just a few suggestions, for what they're worth:
If people are going to try thunder, they should make sure that thunder
isn't in start up folder as, if jaws is set to start with the
computer, both screen readers will start up together.
It is also a good idea to have a shortcut for jaws on the
desktop/start menu as you will need to unload jaws with insert and f4
when using thunder.
Stuart, I was wondering if there is a shortcut key to disable thunder?

Joan Ann.