[vip_students] Re: Re Itunes

  • From: "Flor Lynch" <florlync@xxxxxx>
  • To: <vip_students@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2015 23:39:45 -0000

Putting things more concisely (at least from Apple's point of view):

Change your AppleIDs payment and address information to the country you wish to use, and you are free to shop in that country's iTunes store.

-----Original Message----- From: Flor Lynch
Sent: Thursday, December 03, 2015 11:25 PM
To: vip_students@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [vip_students] Re: Re Itunes

Hi Gary,

Not without them first making some alterations to their own iTunes account.
(I got the following from A Google search. I should say that, for starters,
it's the same as if you in Ireland try to get something from the UK iTunes
store. Thus, we can't get the BBC IPlayer - iOS version - while we have our
iTunes account in Ireland, i.e., outside the UK.)

App Store Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) -
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2001 when using iTunes --> "To change
countries, scroll to the end of the iTunes Store home page and click the
flag indicating the current country. To choose a different country, click
the appropriate flag."

iOS: Changing the signed-in iTunes Store account -
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1311 - Change your iTunes Store country:
"Sign in to the account for the iTunes Store region you'd like to use. Tap
Settings > iTunes & App Stores > Apple ID: > View Apple ID >
Country/Region."

You will, of course, need to change your address and enter valid credit card
information after you have changed the settings.

iTunes Store: Changing Account Information -
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1918

Further tips on changing country -
https://discussions.apple.com/message/20029737 - problems you encounter when
changing iTunes country